Capabilities and Outcomes
We help you achieve your desired business outcomes.
We Respect the organisations and individuals we work with. We engage at the appropriate level based on senior sponsorship to Challenge and support individuals, teams and organisations to improve their performance. Our focus is on Delivery, whether at the personal, team, project or business level.
What we do and what we deliver is sector agnostic.
Our delivery typically falls into four capability areas, outlined opposite:
Capabilities and Outcomes
We help you achieve your desired business outcomes. We Respect the organisations and individuals we work with. We engage at the appropriate level based on senior sponsorship to Challenge and support individuals, teams and organisations to improve their performance. Our focus is on Delivery, whether at the personal, team, project or business level.
Our delivery, typically, falls into four capability areas, outlined below:
Direction and Culture
- We support the leadership of organisations to define key outcomes and objectives and develop the subsequent business strategy.
- We work with Board and leadership teams to enhance and develop appropriate, effective behaviours and ethos to deliver their strategy.
- We assess and measure organisational climate and provide frameworks for management and continuous improvement.
- Examples of our interventions focus on improvements to decision making, risk and opportunity management, processes and communication that contribute to success of High Performing Teams.
- We work with Joint Ventures, alliances, companies, client organisations, programmes and projects at leadership and operational levels.
- The results are effective leadership teams that understand each other as individuals and as a collective that achieves commercial and organisational benefit and success.
Collaboration and Team Development
- We believe an integrated approach to delivery is more effective in achieving the desired outcomes, irrespective of the contractual model deployed. We work with leadership at all levels.
- We enable individuals and teams to understand their different styles and behaviours through profiling and detailed in-situ feedback.
- Aligning with our insight and experience of partnering and alliance commercial contracts we help shape and deliver effective working approaches.
- Our scope ranges from high performing team ethos and behaviour through to more tactical areas such as managing differences to achieve consensus, making meetings effective, engagement and decision making.
- Suitability© to Collaborate is a recognised psychometric developed by Advance that is used to assess the propensity of individuals and teams to collaborate. This identifies how a team may collaborate, areas for development and how individual behaviours will contribute to business outcomes.
Designing and Managing Transition
- We support organisations and teams to design and then manage complex change programmes involving culture, behaviours, processes and business strategy.
- We deploy a pragmatic programme-management focus combined with an understanding of the cultural and behavioural issues involved.
- We provide both direct change implementation support and advisory/mentoring support to key individuals and to teams.
- We deploy a range of approaches and techniques but always working to tailor how we work to the particular requirements of any client team and environment.
- We support the transition of teams through new phases or environments, such as project initiation, bid mobilisation, bid to delivery transition and then delivery mobilisation.
- As a specific example, within our wider portfolio, we can deploy our complex programme review and assurance technique (Strategic Delivery Assurance) which provides clients with a unique strategic view of both risk and opportunity in terms of programme deliverability for both schedule and cost. SDA also identifies and provides a mechanism to manage the necessary change to deliver on time and budget.
- We have deployed SDA in a range of projects, identifying key strategic risks that, through our processes, have been managed out to successfully deliver the project.
- We have supported the initiation and post contract mobilisation of project teams in rail, highways, infrastructure and utilities.
Winning and Awarding Work
- We offer a wide range of support to winning and awarding work, from business development process and strategy, direct support to bids to development of effective teams in the bid and mobilisation phases.
- Our programme assurance and review services provide independent and robust input to bid teams at the strategic and tactical levels.
- As part of our capability we design, deliver and support both clients and bidding organisations in developing their commercial and procurement strategies which may then lead to the development and deployment of collaborative behavioural assessment.
- We have established our work winning processes within a range of major contracting/delivery organisations. Those that continue to deploy our approach and processes have seen a significant increase in work winning rates and subsequent work bank.